12.29.2010

Instruments!

Aly and Lope found a great instrument maker. I'm posting pictures of the djembes, bells and gongoma. If anyone would like us to bring back something for them, please email and let us know!

Here are five of the djembes - the quality is fantastic, and notice that there are two different types of carved designs on the bottom. I have closeups of them to follow.








Here is the carved designs, i think you can see it well enough.





Here is Lope playing them:




And here are the bells we bought so far - the guy has more, even one about twice as big as the largest one here:




And here's another shot of the gongoma:




Just email if you need us to bring back something for you - ginenyira@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Sharon I'm in the snow!!
    I miss home so bad. This is my first winter back in NY for over 5 years! Lol! Tell all my family in Conakry I love them & miss them dearly. I will be back there soon & just trying to find a way!
    Love yall!
    Frankie

    ReplyDelete